The main generator of roof problems is water, which infiltrates either through vulnerable roofing materials (cover materials, flashing), or next to the fastening screws.
Usually, the signs of water damage on the interior walls indicate that the roof needs at least some repairs. If you discover damaged profiles, connecting elements and other visible problems, you must carry out all necessary repairs as soon as possible, otherwise you will likely be forced to replace your roof prematurely.
According to knowledgeable Boca Raton roofing companies, there are red flags indicating the need to replace your roof:
- roofing materials are damaged on large areas
- the roof is already old and close to the end of the lifespan guaranteed by the manufacturer
- cracked paint on the outside or inside of the house
- ceilings and walls of the upper floor are affected by moisture
- humidity in the house is too high – a phenomenon that causes condensation and mold formation
- increased thermal energy costs
- a specific, unpleasant odor lingering in the house, indicating that water has seeped inside the walls
At the same time, there are people who want to give their house a different look and increase their level of protection and comfort – so they might choose to replace their roof even if the existing one is still functional.