Roofing Material Solutions
Crown offers a wide variety of roofing types designed to look exceptional, protect your property, and handle the weather of our region. We understand that choosing the perfect roof solution can seem daunting. You can count on Crown to help.
Popular Florida Roofing Solutions
- Tile Roofs: Concrete and clay roofing are among the most popular choice in roofing materials for South Florida for both their architectural appeal as well as their longevity.
- Shingle Roofs: Warranties on shingles can vary from a 25- to a 50-year shingle.
- Metal Roofs: Metal roofing systems are another popular choice for both residential and commercial roofing applications.
- Slate Roofs: Natural stone slate roofing has been used for centuries and some slate roofs are, in fact, over a century old.
- Solar Roofs: Alternative energy sources, like solar energy, are reaching mainstream popularity.
- Flat Roofs: Modified bitumen (SBS) asphalt roofing systems have been in use for many years and are used in both residential and commercial low slope roofing applications.
Shingle Roofing for Florida Homeowners
Asphalt roofing shingles are made from a fiberglass roofing felt mat, which is saturated in asphalt and impregnated with ceramic granules to give UV protection from exposure to the sun and elements. Asphalt shingles come in both 3-tab and dimensional versions and in a variety of colors.
Shingles are the most common roofing materials for Florida homes, largely because of their affordability, ease of installation and flexibility. However, choosing the right roofing contractor for your shingle project can mean the difference between getting 5 to 10 years out of your new shingle roof, and getting the full life expectancy of up to 20 years.
The benefits of choosing shingles for your residential roofing project include:
Clay or Concrete Tile Roofs
Concrete and clay tile roofing are among the most popular choices in roofing materials for Florida homes for both their architectural appeal as well as their longevity. They are heavy, durable materials that add elegance, texture and style to any property.
Concrete and clay roofing tiles have been in use as a roofing system for thousands of years and will outlast most other steep slope roofing products when installed properly. They are available in a variety of shapes and sizes and are typically installed on top of a 1- or 2-ply tile underlayment system. Warranties on the tiles can range from 50 to 75 years.
Benefits of Clay or Concrete Tile Roofing
- Cost-effectiveness: Considering that these tiles have such a long lifespan, they are quite cost-effective.
- Color Retention: As the colors in clay tile roofing come from the mixture of clay and the colors of concrete tiles come from iron oxide pigments, tiles are nearly impervious to fading.
- Less Maintenance: Both clay and concrete tiles require very little maintenance if installed correctly. If a part of the roof gets damaged, only the concrete or clay tiles that have been affected need to be replaced.
Contact us today to schedule a complimentary, no-obligation estimate for tile roofing for your home
- Cheryl S.
- Erin A.
- Grace N.
- Danny D.
- William S.
- Lucas O.
- Neil S.
- Teri D.
Metal Roofing For Florida Homeowners
Residential metal roofing is one of the fastest-growing segments of home improvement – for good reason. They are not only aesthetically pleasing, they have a range of benefits:
- Longevity: Proven performance expectation of 50+ years
- Beauty: Attractive styles are available to match any home or neighborhood
- Durability: Interlocking panels allow for maximum wind resistance
- Efficiency: Keeps homes cooler, decreasing use of HVAC
Metal roofing systems are available in copper, galvanized painted steel and aluminum. Both exposed fastener and concealed fastener systems are available, and costs vary significantly based on which metal roof is best for your particular needs.
As with any roofing system, an improperly installed metal roofing system will fail to protect your home. It is critical that a proper specification is followed and the right roofing contractor performs the installation of your new metal roofing system.
Contact us today to schedule a complimentary, no obligation estimate for metal roofing for your home.