When choosing the type of roofing material for your home many homeowners in South Florida choose tile roofing. Tile roofing is a popular choice for Floridians because it’s architectural appeal is very pleasing to the eye. Tile roofing also has a long lifespan which makes it a great investment for your home.
What is Tile Roofing?
Tile roofing is roofing material that is made of concrete or clay. Concrete and clay roofing tiles have been used as a roofing system for thousands of years. Tile roofing may cost a little bit more than roofing shingles but it will outlast most other steep slope roofing products when properly installed.
Tile roofing is available in a variety of shapes, sizes and materials, and are typically installed on top of a 1 or 2 ply underlayment system. Warranties on the tiles can range from 50-75 years, making it a quality investment for your home.
Benefits of Tile Roofing
- Clay and Concrete tiles are resistant to fire, hail and moisture.
- Roof tiles are available in a variety of styles and colors.
- Tile roofing has a long lifespan which can outlast other steep slope roofing materials.
- Tile roofing is good for insulation. Since air is able to circulate under the tiles, it helps to conserve energy in cold and warm weather.
Tile Roofing Maintenance
As with all types of roofing systems, regular maintenance is beneficial for expanding the lifespan of your tile roof. Some of the common maintenance tips for a tile roofing system include:
- Cleaning – Keeping your tile roof clean and clear from algae aides in extending its lifespan.
- Gutters – Removing debris from your gutters to ensure that rainfall can flow easily will help avoid overflow on your roof which can cause leaks.
- Inspections – All roofing systems need to be inspected during the year. Broken or missing tiles may cause leaks.
- Repairs – Making repairs during the early stages helps to prevent further damages and more costly repairs.
Who to Call
If you need a new roof, roof repair or roof maintenance, the roofing specialists at Crown are here to help. Crown offers regular inspections and can help to repair current roofing systems or install a new roofing system to keep your family or business safe. We have offices in Fort Myers, Sarasota, Orlando, and Pompano Beach. Call us today for a free estimate.