Roofs are a major part of a home. They protect us from the sun, weather, precipitation and outside debris. As such, roofs are expensive to fix or replace. It is important to be aware of the common causes of roof damage so you can prevent or reduce the risk of roof damage.
• Roofs should be checked 1-2 times annually
• What to look for: missing shingles, flashing, raises or dips, discolored areas
• Gutters should always be clean and clear
• Even weak storms can destroy weak roofs
• Verify shingles, flashing, and other roof components are secure
• Utilize a perimeter fastener strip to secure the roof’s edges
• Ensure trees are safe distance from home; remove ones that are too close
• Remove limbs and branches that could strike the roof
• Keep roof clear of debris
• Consult a roofer to determine the best type of materials for your weather
• Keep roof and gutters free of debris so water can flow and drain properly
• Animals and insects can damage a roof
• Damaged areas can provide a path for pests into your home
• Keep branches at a distance from your roof – pests will use them to get to the roof
New roofs cost thousands of dollars. Even fixing or repairing a roof can be a costly endeavor. In order to prevent or reduce roof damage you must be aware of the causes. While many things can cause roof damage the above list are most common.
If you believe that your home may have roof damages it is important to take care of the damages as soon as possible to prevent small damages from becoming larger ones.
The professionals at Crown Roofing have years of experience maintaining and repairing damaged roofs. We work with roofs of all types, tile, shingle, metal or flat. Crown Roofing offers services for both Commercial and Residential roofs. There is no job that is too big and no task too small for Crown Roofing. Call us today to schedule your appointment for a free estimate.